The original Biloxi High School was built in 1912 on Howard Avenue. A “new” Biloxi High School was constructed in 1961 – at a cost of $1.6 million – on Father Ryan Avenue. The current Biloxi High School, hailed as a “state of the art” facility, opened in 2002, and served Grades 10, 11 and 12.
This facility includes fully-equipped science laboratories; computer labs; a 200-seat performing theater; practice and competition gymnasiums; new tennis courts; a football stadium; baseball and softball stadiums with indoor batting cages; music areas with individual practice rooms and risers; and kilns in the art classrooms.
With the 2009 school year, a $12 million expansion saw the addition of a new wing to host ninth grade students, and the addition of an internet cafe.